Hello Everyone!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbranchau

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Melissa and I am from Murfreesboro, TN. I have just started making soap and other bath products at home and I LOVE IT! A little background info on me is that I am a wife, mother and small business owner. I own a bookkeeping, payroll and tax business here in my town and have been doing that for 13 years now. My husband and I have been married for 7 years and we have 3 boys (Austin & Jake are 11, Ethan is 5) and my husband Jay is an over-the-road truck driver. Soap making has always been an interest of mine since back in high school but I have only been trying it out these last few weeks. I would like to start making my own products and giving it to my clients as Christmas and client appreciation gifts as well as give it to friends and family. The big dream would be to have this turn into a secondary job for me. I have been dying for a creative outlet for a few years now, but traditional artsy/craft ideas are not my thing. I couldn't scrapbook my way out of a hole if I had to. I look forward to getting to know the other members of the board and picking a few brains for some advice alone the way :)

Welcome! Scrapbooking isn't for me either. Creative outlets for me need to have a certain usefulness to it. With soap I'll have my own soap to use. With sewing I can wear my own makes. Scrapbooking feels useless to me. No offense meant to scrapbookers.

Welcome! I'm with you on the crafting aversion. My mother had a small crafting business and made all sorts of lovely things - sadly that gene passed me by. Soaping is more like baking to me.

Hi everyone! No offense meant for scrapbookers as well. The only reason I made that analogy is because my mother has spazzed at me for years about my need to scrapbook and make memories of my childrens' photos. I tried, I hated, therefore I just buy materials for her to do it :)

I soap, crochet and loom knit. I make useful stuff. I do not make "frou-frou". I have about been voted out of the female side of my dad's family due to this. My mother had no crafting hobbies. She hunted and fished. I really, truly wish I had that gene that leads to making pretty stuff. But I don't.

Back