Hello everyone!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebird

Reaction score
I am a wife and mother of two ages 9 and 10. Recently "retired" from doing licensed daycare as my husband and I are experiencing secondary infertility and it just got too painful to continue on caring for other's little ones when we are struggling so much to have one of our own (our two are from my previous marriage).

I am stuck at home while we undergo treatments and sort out where we go from how far we've already come and as such, I've come into quite a bit of free time.

I've been lurking in your forum for quite sometime because I've always really enjoyed the handmade and handcrafted soaps I've picked up at craft fairs. I'm picky about scents, and ingredients, and thought I might dip a toe in myself to see what I can come up with on my own.

The processes and differences between m&p as opposed to cp have my head swimming. I had no idea there was any kind of difference! I did purchase some (what I believe to be anyway) high quality m&p to get myself started as I'm just not brave enough to go full board into cp just yet lol

I do look forward to reading and learning more, as well as maybe getting some help from all the enthusiast pros here if I stumble.

I appreciate the distraction, as well as all I've managed to pick up already! :)

Welcome to the forums bluebird.
I am new also. Lots to read and learn.
Good luck :)

Welcome bluebird!

Did you mean you picked up a M&P kit....to do your own project? If so,
let us know how it went.

I only made my very first soap ever last week (cold process) and I almost chickened out after I put all the supplies out ready to start. I'm glad I didn't!

Let us know if there's anything we can do to encourage you....with whatever method you choose.

Again, welcome to the forum!

I only started soaping last August and started with CP, experimented with HP and recently did a very nice M&P. My children LOVE the shea M&P I used. It's their favorite. M&P is also a great craft to do with your children, too. When I started, I tuned into You Tube and found the Soap Queen videos to be the most comprehensive and helpful. I also purchased the Everything Soapmaking book., which is a great reference tool. You will find the process that's just right for you. Best of luck on growing your family. Soaping will be a good distraction for you.

Welcome to the forum. M&P is a good place to start. You can make beautiful soap with M&P. I have this book and I love it.

Soapmaking the Natural Way: 45 Melt-and-Pour Recipes Using Herbs, Flowers & Essential Oils by
Rebecca Ittner

Hello bluebird,

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I agree MP is a good way to get started. I did MP years ago until I finally got up the nerve to try CP. Once I did it, I wondered why I had let myself be so intimidated by the idea of doing it. I still occasionally do a little MP because I like using it for holiday soap. It makes easy, quick gifts. Also, bath bombs are easy to do. Have you ever tried making them?

Latest posts

Back