Has anyone soaped a Ginger Scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat

Reaction score
I have a bottle of Ginger Souffle that is not very popular in candles, so I was going to try and make CP soap. (its soap safe) Has anyone soaped a Ginger scent? Did you add any additives. Was thinking of adding something, to make it look more interesting. I bet it would be a pretty tan/yellow.

I made a Gingerbread soap that I was very happy with! I used a Gingerbread FO from wholesalesuppliesplus.com I colored it with paprika thanks to some advise I received on here. It turned out perfect. 3 tbs for a 4 lb batch. I would post some pics but I am at work. The paprika left little specks which I love, it also added a mild exfoliate which I wasnt expecting but was very pleased with.

Thats too funny,,,,that paprika tip came from ME!!! About 2 days before you made your gingerbread soap, I soaped a peppercorn and added paprika, and it turned such a lovely gingerbread color, but I didn't know it would add an exfoliant, which was a big surprize to me TOO :D Anyhoo, I will have some room this weekend in my candle room to make and dry soap. I am boxing up some xmas soap to send up north to family, and of course I cannot have an empty space staring back at me. I am going to use the Ginger Souffle, just have to figure out the recipe I want to use.

Yeah .

I do a Ginger Lime & tried Ginger Pear from Brambleberry

They also have a Ginger-Orange
Ginger Souffle', and Ginger Snap

Kat said:
Thats too funny,,,,that paprika tip came from ME!!! About 2 days before you made your gingerbread soap, I soaped a peppercorn and added paprika, and it turned such a lovely gingerbread color, but I didn't know it would add an exfoliant, which was a big surprize to me TOO :D Anyhoo, I will have some room this weekend in my candle room to make and dry soap. I am boxing up some xmas soap to send up north to family, and of course I cannot have an empty space staring back at me. I am going to use the Ginger Souffle, just have to figure out the recipe I want to use.

Cool! That is funny, thanks for the tip. It really did turn out great. I had 1 lady who bought 10 bars to stuff stockings with. It is my favorite to shower with also. The exfoliate is perfect to me. Not to rough.

Last week a customer asked me for more of the ginger/cinn/clove eo soap I had made 2 years ago. I don't like soaping cinnamon cuz it sets up the soap so quickly in the pot.

So I decided to HP it, and it turned out ok....looks pale beige, prolly due to the high % of rice bran oil I use, plus olive.

I never found that it sold very well, but the odd customer just HAS to have it.

Thanks Becky for your reply. I didn't know if it would work, but I LOVE the scent, and I have excess, so its bein' thrown in a soap pot! :lol: BTW I LOVE THESE emoticons :D can ya tell???

I can't remember who on here but I remember reading that someone loves Ginger Souffle for soap- I'm picking some up because of her but I can't remember who it was? :(
It soaps and lotions well from what I read and the scent is wonderful- I can't wait until mine gets here! :)

Back