Happy St. Patrick's Day and Confetti Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyjude

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering- I have one pound of colorful soap circles that I made last month in an attempt to try out some new colors. Is it too late to grate the circles up and add them to my next cp batch? Are the circles too "old"?

How much would I add of the grated soap per pound? Would I stir it in before or after trace?

Thanks!

Jude

Nah, I keep old scraps and add them all the time, some of them are months and months old.

If I want the scraps to show, contrasting color, I add them at very light trace. The % would be up to you, how you want it to look.

When I just want to use up scraps (and because I CANNOT rebatch) I nuke the scraps, add them to some of the oils and heat the whole lot, SBing them into the oil, then I add that oil/scrap mix to the rest of the oil and 'make soap'. I use 20% of the weight in scrap soap, so I resize my batch to 80% of the original.

Thanks for your comments Deda. I would never had thought of using the scraps by putting them back into a new batch that way. You've given me a whole new way of using some of my "odds and ends"!

Jude

Well, Necessity is a Mother, :lol: and I've made a lot of test batches.
(lots of scraps)

Latest posts

Back