Handy soap label hints-pics added over in the craft tutorial

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty n Plain

Reaction score
I wanted to share this hint with everyone, only because it's been a big challenge for me, actually here's a couple.

Rather than using a plain piece of card for a cigar band this is what I do:

I print the required number of labels on a coloured piece of card,
-Business name, mobile number, home business number and website address and name of product on the front.

On the back (one of the "arms" that wrap around to the back of the soap) I print the ingredients and any cautions such as 'This product contains beeswax/nut ingredients'.

then I take my clear laminate template, place it over each uncut label, trace around it and then cut it out.

Then I run the printed card label through a manual hand held embosser (I think that's what scrap bookers may call it), this leaves a beautiful indented flower design over the card.

And finally, the thing I disliked most was the cigar band slipping or getting damaged on the soap so I came up with the following idea:

take a craft foam sheet (they come in different colours which I use according to the soaps colours).
Cut a strip long enough to reach right around the soap firmly and about 2 cm wide.
Glue the strip to the back of the cigar band (you can also use the double sided craft tape -less messier too).
Fasten the foam attached cigar band to your soap. The band will sit away from the soap my about 1-2mm depending on the thickness of your foam but it gives it a nice 3d look.

And wa lah no more slip or damage/sweat staining to your lovely printed cigar band. :D

Bubbles....I get the hint lol, tomorrow i'll take some and post them for ya but if you hear ranting and raving then you know i'm squabling with photo bucket again haha :roll:

technically you need a physical address as well, If you are selling.

carebear said:
technically you need a physical address as well, If you are selling.

Interesting point carebear, i've never had an issue with not having our address on the label, maybe the requirements are different here in Australia. I don't ever recall an address attached to any australian soap/body products sellers/suppliers labels except for the big commercial companies.

So if there's any Aussies here that can confirm carebears point it would be much appreciated. :D

Back