Hand Writing on Labels?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been told many times that I have beautiful handwriting but I wouldn't use handwriting on my labels, for any part of the label. Even my own grandchildren, who do know the basics of cursive, can't read it very well. I want my soaps to be clearly marked, readable by anyone. Cursive no longer is.

I know, and it makes me so sad that my grandchildren can't read or write cursive. I think it's a horrible trend in our educational system.

Hello,

I do not sell my soap but would like to dress up the final product. Does anyone ever handwrite on the labels? right now I use gauze bags and stickers however the stickers fall off the bag. I've seen gusseted cellopane bags with breath holes however I cannot find them. I would like to add a sticker to the bag and handwrite the product, scent and weight. how does that sound? does anyone know where I can find the bags with breathe holes?
thank-you,
Nancy

This is how I do mine which would help with the stickers falling off. I have also handwritten labels when I am going for a more rustic look but most of the time I use my printer.
nUuGwIo4R+ixVKcgIIjPFw.jpg

Last edited:
organza bag front.jpg organza bag back.jpg I use the organza bags and attach a business card label via a hole punch. I tie the extra organza down to fit the soaps. I have the ingredients on the back of the card. I display the soap on the side without the label so you can see the soap design.

When I was younger I used to hire myself out for my handwriting hehehe.. I've written names for prom and wedding invites, I've done bookmarks, place cards, poems people framed.. In print and cursive. And when I could afford calligraphy pens my "business" went boom.

Not sure my handwriting is still the same, and I'm very much out of practice with my calligraphy but I love the idea of handwritten labels, even if just a part.

Maybe if your name is in a nice cursive, your variant in a plainer font, and the tiny info like weight and ingredients are mass printed it could work. If your handwriting is pretty and legible. And you have that much extra time. And patience. Lol

I have one posted here but it's not the best example of handwriting nor is it proper labels haha

Latest posts

Back