Greetings from Boston

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madartist

Reaction score
Hi My name is Rick, but the internet world calls me Maddy. I've been a Massachusetts licensed Hair stylist for the past 32 years. I am also an educator, and moderator for the Hairmaven Pro Hairstylist Forum. I was bitten by the soap bug a while ago, but my addiction has gotten more serious in these economic times. I'm in the process of opening an online store for my creations and hopefully, I'll become a millionare .... or at least be able to keep up with my mortage payments :)

sweetcreekherbs said:
Good, good luck and positive journey ...
Thanks, Kathleen. If selling is as much fun as making, it WILL be a positive journey!

BTW I just added you to my FOLLOWING list on twitter. I also saw your Etsy store. BEAUTIFUL STUFF you have! I was thinking of using them, but I don't want to pay the fees. Instead, I got a free Zen Cart and am just waiting for my account to be verified by PayPal (hopefully today). Then I will be ready to open for business.

IanT said:
... and by the way.. awesome siggy! :)
LOL, thank you Ian .... "I Think In Pictures". Some call this a disorder, but I've found that in artistic pursuits, it can be used as an advantage.

BTW, this is a very nice (and active) forum, you have here. I've found lots of info in older posts that are quite helpful. Kudos to you and your contributors.

Well just give yourself a pat on the back! because YOU (and the rest of ur members) are the reason that we are such and awesome place and great learning resource!

We wouldnt be what we are today without such awesome and giving/knowledgeable/understanding members !!!

lol I think in pictures too... and music! :)

Ok Butters... whats next :)

IanT said:
lol I think in pictures too... and music! :)
well ... they say 1 out of 166 ... and there are over 4000 members here. :D
(Hmmm music too? you must be the deluxe model! LOL)

Ok Butters... whats next :)

butters-anim.gif

IanT said:
lol that is great... delux model and a butters animation.. i could stay in this thread for hours... lol
Me too....or at least popping back in here, between reading other threads. It's 1:00 am and I have a full book tomorrow, colours, foils, and whatever else is decent and lawful to do to a head of hair. I should be asleep, but I can't stop reading these threads. The info is incredible. And what's worse is that I've only stopped by my own forum, (the one I am supposed to be taking care of) a couple of times tonight ... and then, only to check for spams and PMs. I'm shirking my duty AND I'm going to walk into work tomorrow with bloodshot eyes. Not a pretty sight :shock:

BUT

I bet, tomorrow evening I will make a better soap than I did yesterday!

madartist said:
IanT said:
lol that is great... delux model and a butters animation.. i could stay in this thread for hours... lol
Me too....or at least popping back in here, between reading other threads. It's 1:00 am and I have a full book tomorrow, colours, foils, and whatever else is decent and lawful to do to a head of hair. I should be asleep, but I can't stop reading these threads. The info is incredible. And what's worse is that I've only stopped by my own forum, (the one I am supposed to be taking care of) a couple of times tonight ... and then, only to check for spams and PMs. I'm shirking my duty AND I'm going to walk into work tomorrow with bloodshot eyes. Not a pretty sight :shock:

BUT

I bet, tomorrow evening I will make a better soap than I did yesterday!

lol you remind me of myself when I first started... (by the way Im a licensed massage therapist.. so hello from another service professional!! ;) )

anyhoo... when I first found this forum, I literally stayed up for weeks until 5 or 6 am reading everything I could... one bit of advice I will give to you, is if you have windows, make a briefcase on your desktop, make a bunch of subfolders in it.. Research, Recipes, Tutorials, Helpful Threads, Tricks, Suppliers, etc.... and then drag-n-drop all of your information into there... also ... make up a binder to put all of your recipes in so you can keep all the information you spend hours studying and it can be right at your fingertips should you need to access it.. I cant tell you how much that has helped me learn, and help others...

lol so im right there with you .. Im SMF obsessed lol

IanT said:
also ... make up a binder to put all of your recipes in so you can keep all the information you spend hours studying and it can be right at your fingertips should you need to access it.. I cant tell you how much that has helped me learn, and help others...
LOL
book.jpg

Well, I guess I'm going in the right direction! I design my formulas in Soap-Calc, print them and use a three-hole punch so they can be stored in this binder. In the notes section we track the additives, fragrance (and manufacturer), outside and inside temps and humdity, oil temp, lye temp, time for lye to kool, trace time and assign each batch a batch-number.

On my desktop and laptop I have a folder with subfolders that have pages of recipies, resources, and links to other online soap stores (so I know what other people are selling) PLUS my online shortcuts sheet

lol so im right there with you .. Im SMF obsessed lol
Good to know ... now tell me, is there a 12 step program for this addiction?

lol well lookey heeeeere lol someone like-minded bwahahahah... thats dangerous lol

that is an AWESOME binder!! lol.. Nice links page too!

I love the whole southpark characters thing lol makes me smile everytime I see it! :)

Latest posts

Back