Goats Milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think GM soaps are the best. Since I've started making GM soaps and using it, I've noticed that my skin really remains smooth after a shower. Before, I always had to apply baby oil after a shower.

I've recently been given unlimited GM whey from the woman that makes cheese so I'm using the whey along with the milk to see if there's a difference in quality. It never occurred to me to use the whey before because she has more whey than she could ever use! Water is now out of the question when it comes to making my soaps!

Does anyone know if there is a difference in quality between GM and GM whey?

dOttY said:
Well I've made my first GM soap. However, I'm not a patient person, and I think I probably burnt the milk :( It didn't go orange in colour, but it did go a yellow :( There was no stench though.

I've not gelled, so I guess I'll wait and see what the end product is like.

Fingers x'd.

Yellow is normal. :D About the colour of a pair of dishwashing rubber gloves. . .

Half Caper Farm said:
dOttY said:
Well I've made my first GM soap. However, I'm not a patient person, and I think I probably burnt the milk :( It didn't go orange in colour, but it did go a yellow :( There was no stench though.

I've not gelled, so I guess I'll wait and see what the end product is like.

Fingers x'd.

Yellow is normal. :D About the colour of a pair of dishwashing rubber gloves. . .

Thank you! That is the exact yellow my soap went, so yay, it's ok! I've noticed that the GM soap in my novelty moulds is quite ivory/white. The GM soap in my milk carton mould is slightly darker, but isn't brown.
Could this be a successful GM batch?! Woohoo :) Happy!

YAY! can't wait to see the pics! so happy you gave it a go. and yep, mine goes yellow too, sometimes nearly fluro looking

I randomly found canned GM concentrate in a different grocery store, and since I had never seen that before I HAD to buy 3!! Anyone used concentrate before? Should I dilute it down to normal or use it as is?

Thank you!

I used canned in my first batch!

I diluted it first, as per directions on can, then froze the amount of liquid that I needed for my recipe. Then I used it frozen... just add your lye and dissolve it very slowly, taking care to keep it as cool as possible. This will give your end result, a beautiful creamy off-white color.

I made GM soap and I froze the milk and I put my container in cold water in the sink and then slowly added my frozen milk while stirring and my soap turn brown and its been one week and it is not as hard as it should be.. Did I let my stuff get to cold?

donna

Clemmey said:
I randomly found canned GM concentrate in a different grocery store, and since I had never seen that before I HAD to buy 3!! Anyone used concentrate before? Should I dilute it down to normal or use it as is?

Thank you!

I don't dilute it, I use it for the split method and add it later so it doesn't burn

Latest posts

Back