Glycerin Soap. Sorbital a sugar solution???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a very old thread and non of the posters are here. You would be better off creating a new thread with your question

You want to be careful adding glycerin to cp soap, it can cause softening of the soap. The process of saponification creates soap and glycerin naturally. While it is added in when making m&p soap it cannot be added in as the only solvent, it will cause excessive sweating and the soap will eventually melt into a puddle of goo. Sorbitol is used in place of sugar and I now use powder sorbitol at the rate of 1% of my batch weight when making cp. It does add to amazing bubbles. But I am not making transparent soap just cp that I want to lather a bit better

This is a very old thread and non of the posters are here. You would be better off creating a new thread with your question

You want to be careful adding glycerin to cp soap, it can cause softening of the soap. The process of saponification creates soap and glycerin naturally. While it is added in when making m&p soap it cannot be added in as the only solvent, it will cause excessive sweating and the soap will eventually melt into a puddle of goo. Sorbitol is used in place of sugar and I now use powder sorbitol at the rate of 1% of my batch weight when making cp. It does add to amazing bubbles. But I am not making transparent soap just cp that I want to lather a bit better

Thanks for your help. I appreciate. I will be using sorbitol powder.

Latest posts

Back