Getting FO smell out of silicone mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindymeredith

Reaction score
my silicone mold after washing, still tends to smell like the last batch of soap I made. This doesn't seem to be transferring to the next batch, which is good but I'm wondering if anyone has a trick to get the smell out of the mold.

Thanks in advance!

cindymeredith said:
my silicone mold after washing, still tends to smell like the last batch of soap I made. This doesn't seem to be transferring to the next batch, which is good but I'm wondering if anyone has a trick to get the smell out of the mold.

Thanks in advance!
I'm a new soaper myself, but I was told by someone at Brambleberry that rubbing alcohol will do the trick!

Funny how silicone advertisements actually say it won't hold scents...

Thank you, I will definitely try this. And you're right...it's funny how they say it won't hold the scent...but I've had the problem with every batch!

x

maybe soak it in warm water and 1/2 cup of baking soda? i've never had a problem with my blue molds or with wilton molds.

Re: x

heartsong said:
maybe soak it in warm water and 1/2 cup of baking soda? i've never had a problem with my blue molds or with wilton molds.

I never thought of baking soda..thanks for the tip!

Back