From Poop to Proud

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrie71

Reaction score
I made a green tea/lemongrass soap for my second attempt at cold process. It turned out to be dark brown and I was just crushed. I couldn’t figure out how it got to be so dark and disgusting looking. I poured it anyway and this morning I checked on it. The soap has turned into a light tan and I couldn’t be more pleased. It smells great and I can’t wait to try it out after curing. I’m having so much fun with this soap making!

I made a green tea/lemongrass soap for my second attempt at cold process. It turned out to be dark brown and I was just crushed. I couldn’t figure out how it got to be so dark and disgusting looking. I poured it anyway and this morning I checked on it. The soap has turned into a light tan and I couldn’t be more pleased. It smells great and I can’t wait to try it out after curing. I’m having so much fun with this soap making!
I have never had a soap go from one color to another but I have read about it many times on the forum.

Did you use green tea EO, or actual green tea in the soap? I wonder if it was the gel phase that lightened the soap?

I’m having so much fun with this soap making![/QUOTE]
I love posts like this! I am a beginner, too. I made a mess of a batch the other day...but, this morning one of my batches with lard was finally ready to use. It is far from pretty, but I was so happy with the fragrance and the lather and my husband liked it too! I honestly never knew how wonderful homemade soap was!

Latest posts

Back