• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free Chook food

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewepootoo

Reaction score
I have about 1 ton of Malting Barley which I have had in storage for a few years from when I picked up reject grain from the Malthouse I worked at. I fed this to calves and chooks but I have not had the time or the interest to raise more animals. I would not feed it to a horse as its a bit dusty but cattle and chooks do well on it. I will start putting it out at 50kg's at a time in the dumpster around November 10 if no one wants it as I cannot just throw it down the paddock as it will grow. I am near Ballarat, Australia. Steve :D

I nearly said " I will handball it to the Cocky down the frog and toad as tucker for his Jumbucks" but that would have been stretching it a bit. I dont think there are too many people around here that talk like that although all Aussies could decipher it. Steve :D

I am a Aussie and l can understand Steve but apart from chook which just about everybody uses it isn't what you would normaly hear in Australia .Stop teasing them Steve you will drive our potential tourists away if they think we speak a forgeign language :lol:

hahahahahah hey I think its coool! ozzy ozzy ozzy...oi oi oi... lol

Wanna hear something crazy? I can play the didgeridoo just about as good as an aborigine! :)

I loooove my Didge...now thats a meditation right there... ;)

What a clever person you are Ian,its a very hard instrument to play. I remember being told that it takes years and years to learn how to control your breathing ,something to do with breathing in and the same time as breathing out or something like that.
We have an Aboriginal cultural center not far from us and I used to take a group of 30 or 40 AFS exchange students there every year ,they would all have a go at playing the didgeridoo and usually we would find only one that could even get a sound going.

There is a band called Yothu Yindi that plays some didgeridoo music. You have to be able to breath through your nose and your mouth at the same time I think, It truly is a unique sound. Google Lagerphone which is another uniquely Australian instrument. Steve :D

OOH! my brother plays the didgeridoo!

You want accents and local dialect, a few miles into West-By-God-Virginia and even I, born and raised in the south can't understand them.

pops1 said:
What a clever person you are Ian,its a very hard instrument to play. I remember being told that it takes years and years to learn how to control your breathing ,something to do with breathing in and the same time as breathing out or something like that.
We have an Aboriginal cultural center not far from us and I used to take a group of 30 or 40 AFS exchange students there every year ,they would all have a go at playing the didgeridoo and usually we would find only one that could even get a sound going.

lol thank you! :) I looooove the didge and what it represents (the heartbeat of Mama Earth...)...

I actually learned to play in one night...just sitting down and messing with it... My cousin had one from a trip to ozzy land and I decided I wanted to learn to play it at his house...I think I sat there for 4 to 5 hrs and finally produced a sound..... the breathing thing.... called circular breathing took me some time to master and is in my mind what makes it a meditation... Youve got to pretty much imagine your cheeks (sp?...that looks weird) as a bagpipe, breathing in through your nose in little spurts but constantly blowing out through your mouth... def takes some time to master but its so awesome once you sit there and do it continuously for an hour or more....

One thing though... its **** hard to talk afterwards cause your lips go numb after a while lol...

I loooove the thing though... Im real into exotic instruments :) I play native american flute too...and the congo drums :)... those too... just picked up and decided to play...no lessons or anything...just countless hours of practice :)

I looooove it :)

Love and Gratitude.

You have a musical show going all by yourself,have you thought of performing for the public.In Australia we have people that go around the schools doing educational mini shows, one my Grandsons had recently was a demonstration of different instruments and since yours are unusual instruments especially if you could do a little talk about where each instrument came from etc.l am sure it would be success.Might be a way of pulling in some extra money.

I play the Indian flute too. ( I can say Indian, I'm part Cherokee!) I love the didge, it's such an unusual and exotic instrument

You have a musical show going all by yourself,have you thought of performing for the public.In Australia we have people that go around the schools doing educational mini shows, one my Grandsons had recently was a demonstration of different instruments and since yours are unusual instruments especially if you could do a little talk about where each instrument came from etc.l am sure it would be success.Might be a way of pulling in some extra money.

I have never really thought of doing that...but it might be a good idea!!!... I love public speaking, especially in front of children (aka brainsponges)... they soak up as much knowledge as they can get and I love the fact that things that I say or do may influence the way they live their lives!

I always thought about just playing on the side of the road downtown sometime... lol just to see what happens...It would be cool to draw a crowd lol...

tamarajane said:
I play the Indian flute too. ( I can say Indian, I'm part Cherokee!) I love the didge, it's such an unusual and exotic instrument

yeaaah..I ve got to write you a PM :).... sent...

My father is an aboriginal elder.
So I am half aboriginal, my mum is an English Rose!!
I have seven didgeridoo's, my dad made all of them, but girls aren't allowed to play them. My DS can play it really well though.

Latest posts

Back