Fragrance Usage

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

jblaney

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone does this:

Your fragrance usage in a recipe is 5%, but the fragrance discolors. So in half of the recipe you use 7% FO for one color and in the other half you use 3% FO. It's still the same 5%, but distributed unevenly throughout the soap.

I think I saw this done on a BB recipe with a discoloring FO. I figured it must be ok, but was wondering if anyone does this and if you have encountered any problems.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I wouldn't go over the maximum recommended use for the FO.

eta: Whoops, I got this wrong. I am changing it:oops:

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend exceeding usage rates. The percentage is for the entire batch. You can split it up but no more. I've use the entire 5% in 3/4's of the batter but the rest was unscented.

jblaney

Reaction score
lsg - Did you mean to say you would NOT go over the maximum use for the FO?

shunt2011 - Yes, this is similar to what I was thinking. I would not exceed 5% in the entire batch, just distribute it differently. Thanks for the reply.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
lsg - Did you mean to say you would NOT go over the maximum use for the FO?

shunt2011 - Yes, this is similar to what I was thinking. I would not exceed 5% in the entire batch, just distribute it differently. Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is what I meant to write. Should have double checked my post before saving. Thanks for catching that.:p

Latest posts