Fragrance oil on skin?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmicWheels

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here

I was wondering where I can find good fragrance oil that is safe for skin?

I'm looking for these three: Balsam, Cedarwood, and Macintosh apple.

A friend of mine uses a blend of these in his store and I really like the smell, but I don't think his FO is for skin cause there is no label on the bottles or anything.

Thanks for any advice.

Bittercreek north has the best mac apple ever!

www.bittercreek.com

Do you mean straight skin application like right out of the bottle or do you mean in a leave on skin application product such as perfume, lotion or body mist?

the- common- scents.com has tons of fragrance oils for soap and skin, they have roll on 1-ouncers for 2.99(which i magine they add a carrier oil to, to make it skin safe)and many dups for soaps and candles etc. I got a roll on of coconut/lemongrass, I love it! I mostly use them to add to lotion base, so I dont know how it does in soap.
I suppose you could take a fo and add a carrier oil to it, but i wouldnt know how much, so I buy it already done for me.

Thanks for the reply :)

I was thinking to just mix them and use it straight from the bottle. A perfume or body mist would be ideal, but I dont know how do make that.

do not use FOs straight on skin. they must be diluted. check out the suppliers' web site for specifics on how much you must dilute them for safety's sake.

I don't recommend WSP as a supplier due to recent absurd increases in pricing and stuff, but if you look at THEIR FO listings you can see the maximum use level for that specific FO. A few can be used 100% (like their Dirt FO - LOL), but most are maxed out at around 5%-10, I think.

Snowdrift fams has a whole section dedicated to making perfumes, mists, etc. They sell the perfumers oil you mix w/ the fos, etc. It is a good place to begin reading.

Latest posts

Back