Fragrance Acquisition Syndrome

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You know you have Fragrance Acquisition Syndrome when . . . (finish the sentence.)

I’ll start. 😊
You know you have Fragrance Acquisition Syndrome (FAS) when you park in the distant-but-free parking lot and walk an extra 2 blocks in extreme weather so you can save five bucks to justify adding one more fragrance in your shopping cart at Nurture.
:nodding:

When you choose the handle @ScentimentallyYours 😂
That name was gifted to me by a dear friend when I was still experimenting with making candles and had just started making CP soap 23 years ago. In fact, she was the reason I started making soap in the first place. I could use my other screen name, AutoharpRose, but the “rose” could make people think of fragrance, too. Yes, I love fragrance!

Three months ago I had 30 FOs in my cart. I deleted it down to 10 each month. Now I have them on my shelf to use in soap...lol
I did some organizing yesterday. On one hand I have 120 bottles, on the other hand I didn't have enough to make my husband's favorite soap. Mind you, I just gave about 20+ bottles to my cousin's wife who is wanting to make soap.

Awww - that's sad. So you never really get them?
Oh no, I did buy them. For some reason. They never made the final cut. At check out time in the past. WELL THIS TIME THEY DID! All 8 of them. Plus, the 6 seasonal scents. I originally set out to buy. These will keep me busy for a while.

Oh Phew! @Ford you know, I had a silly nightmare the other night... so silly.... a big, huge, massive box from a favorite FO company showed up at the door. I was elated! I had the whole house to myself, and a big bottle of wine to revel and delight and take my time with dozens and dozens and dozens of new FOs. I opened the box, and started pawing through the eco-peanuts, and pawing, and pawing, and emptied the entire box, peanuts all over the floor, and there were NO FOs!!! When I woke, I thought of this thread and chuckled.

Latest posts

Back