Floral Waxes in Body Butters

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlchemyandAshes

Reaction score
Has anyone else used Floral Waxes in their Body Butter recipe with any success?
I used 1/2 oz of Tuberose Floral Wax in a Body Butter recipe today and I couldn't get it to fully incorporate into the oils. I melted the Cocoa Butter (50% of recipe) and the Tuberose Wax and mixed them together. I added that mixture to warm Almond Oil (25%), Avocado Oil (22%), Vitamin E Oil (1%), and my essential oil blend (2%) and whipped it with my KitchenAid stand mixer. I noticed the wax solidified into teensy tiny little bits throughout the butter. It isn't obvious, smells nice, and it doesn't feel gritty, but I know it's there :evil:
I have 2 ounces of Jasmine Floral Wax from Camden-Grey that I would like to use in a Mango Body Butter, but don't want to run into the same problem.
Any suggestions :?:

I've never used a floral wax in a whipped body butter. I've used it in a solid butter though.
Did you heat the wax all by itself or did you melt it in warm oil? I was always told to melt it in warm oil so it can melt but that it won't get too hot, because if it overheats it can get grainy.

Genny said:
I've never used a floral wax in a whipped body butter. I've used it in a solid butter though.
Did you heat the wax all by itself or did you melt it in warm oil? I was always told to melt it in warm oil so it can melt but that it won't get too hot, because if it overheats it can get grainy.
That may be the problem...I did heat it by itself. It looked very liquidy, but there are super fine "grains" in the body butter. I thought maybe it cooled to quickly, but your explanation makes sense.

Latest posts

Back