First time with m/p

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueIris

Reaction score
I've made a few c/p batches with success and thought I'd try m/p. Bought a clear base from a local craft store. Followed the directions closely to melt using the microwave. Measured the temperature during the process to get the mix to 150 F but it was still chunky and not smooth as I would have liked. By the time I poured it, hardening had started on the spoon, bowl, et and it was a mess to clean up. I know a double boiler works too, but is it any easier to work with? I ordered more clear base from BB and will give it a try. Any suggestions for a more successful experience?

I use the microwave and don't worry about the temperature that much as I'm melting, I keep melting it until totally smooth. I also not using the highest temperature I am running it at 70% (7) to keep from getting it too hot. But don't stop just because you reached that temperature if you aren't getting it totally melted and liquid.

Thank you for that. I'd read somewhere not to let it exceed 160F, so I was worried about overheating. I'll try again and let it go till it's smooth.

Latest posts

Back