First slab mold swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evatgirl73

Reaction score
I have a log mold but hadn't tried a slab mold and was lusting after the pretty swirls... so I used a very high tech cardboard box and plastic container lined with freezer paper, LOL! I think my primary method will still be CPOP in my silicone log mold, but this is fun to play with now and then too.

soapswirl.jpg

This is the first one in the mold, light pink base and orange swirl scented with LoveSpell.

soap8.jpg

and here it is cut, which I need to work on (need straight lines/angles). I'm going to bevel the edges, just haven't gotten to it. :)

soap7.jpg

Attempt #2, scented with Milady Gwynnewere from DS which accelerated so the swirl is a bit "rustic", LOL! Lilac and blue with glitter.

soap6.jpg

attempt #3, for the kiddos. Green Apple Blossom scented, base is supposed to be light yellow and swirl apple green but it doesn't show up as much as I would have liked. Smells very nice and fresh though!

soap9.jpg

My first log I decided to prevent gel on, to check how I like it and to play around with the textured top a bit. Scented with "At Last" from The Collection at DS, did a faint SITP with gold mica and brushed some on top after it got hard enough. The gold swirl is barely noticeable, have to use more next time... I still love how this came out and it smells divine!!

Thanks for looking and sorry if you happen to see it twice. :)

They are gorgeous! Your swirl is fantastic and I love the peach against the white/pink. The glitter on #2 is really striking. Sorry your green didn't turn out but I bet it does smell great. Also, I love to leave my soap ungelled so especially like your last one. :) Very nice!

soaps look great but can you tell me why people prevent the soaps from gelling and how do you do that? I mean.... what exactly does it do for the soap? I really like the peaks on it. GORGEOUS....

Your saops look great to me. The last one is my favorite.

I too have problem to cut soap on the right way .... so I always have to do edging with hot knife. Thats why I think the log mold is better... and I have to buy or to make one very soon.

sanjon said:
soaps look great but can you tell me why people prevent the soaps from gelling and how do you do that? I mean.... what exactly does it do for the soap? I really like the peaks on it. GORGEOUS....

I prevent gel because I like the creamier, more matte look that it leaves the soap. It doesn't change the properties of the soap in the long run, although the soap can be softer at first and I have to wait a bit longer to cut it. To prevent gel, I put my soap in the freezer for several hours and then put it on the cold tile floor in my basement for the next day and a half. I usually cut around 48 hours.

holly99 stopping gel phase

so....holly99, do you put the soap in the freezer as soon as you finish making it? (Cold-Process) Or, do you let it sit up a while before you place it in the freezer, and how long do you leave it there? By the way, I know this may be posted wrong so MOD please feel free to move it if you like and sorry in advance....

Latest posts

Back