first green tea soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmo

Reaction score
made a batch of grreen tea soap it taking a longer time to get hard and it bleeding how should i have done made the green tea soap any help will be wonderful some what new soaper

Well it is hard to tell what caused your soap to take so long to firm up. That could be too much liquid, among other things. I make a green tea soap and all I do is add one teaspoon of dry green tea powder (available at Asian stores that carry Japanese food products) to a bit of my oils. Blend well and then add to the soap pot at light trace and mix well. Maybe you used too much green tea. It is hard to get a green color with the tea powder. I help it along with a pinch of green oxide also blended into some of the oil. Hope this helps you...but make sure you are not using too much liquid.

Did you run your recipe through soapcalc to be sure you used the correct amount of lye and water for the oils you used ? Certain oils take a little longer to harden up too.

HTH

Kitn

Latest posts

Back