First ever HP soap - AND IT WORKED!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarmenJean

Reaction score
I am soooooooooooooooooooo thrilled with myself!!! I decided this afternoon to try out doing a HP soap. After reading about it for the past few weeks, I thought I should give it a try! AND IT WORKED!!!!

I did a peppermint and baby powder combo - (it's all I had, so don't laugh!! .... it actally smells okay together.) I did one half lime green, and the other purple - just waiting for the purple to turn white. :roll:

I am even more thrilled, because I tweaked a recipe I got from a friend - and it worked!!!! So it worked on two levels!!

Way to go Carmen Jean . I bet it does smell good , it sounds good to me . Don't forget we love pics of soap . BTW your jewelery is fabulous ..

Kitn

x

:D good for you!!! :D

you're braver than i am-i bought a large crockpot at a yardsale over a year ago just for that purpose.

it still smirks at me on it's shelf in my soapmaking room! :roll:

which do you like best, now-c/p or h/p?

Thanks everyone!

heartsong - I bought mine dead cheap new, and I've made liquid soap in it already. :D

To be honest, I think I prefer CP for the pouring consistancy, by I prefer HP for the fact that the bar only needs 2 weeks to dry out (rather than 4 - 6 to cure), and the oils are added after the cooking, so retain more properties, and that there's none of the faff like with CP. I just have to learn how to work quicker when I split the batch to colour and fragrance.

So ....... overall, I think I prefer HP.

Forgot to say......

Thank you Kitn for your compliments about my jewellery - I've been doing it for years now. I really ought to update my site!

Also, I will take some pic today if I get a chance. It's all cut, and smells wonderful! :D

Latest posts

Back