FIRST CP BATCH FROM THIS AUSSIE MP SOAPER!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcat

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wanted to share my excitement at finally making my first ever CP soap batch...yay!!!

I devised my own basic recipe, thought about it (a LOT) and finally got going after lunch today (Aus time, that is :) ). I watched several online videos from about.com and read all the soaping lore and instructions over again and it worked like a charm.....so far......I have just 'put it to bed' in its moulds and now I really don't know what I should be doing other than leaving it for 24 hours before unmoulding I guess :?

Here's hoping for an excellent first batch :D

Best wishes for a great week for you all,

Tanya

Congratulations

This is the start of something Real Big and gorgeous.
Congratulations TOP CAT.
Don't fall of the fence top in your excitement.
I look forward to seeing the results.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pictures...we need pictures.

Groannnn.....I didn't think of that! Duh!!! I will snap a pic of it before unmoulding and again after cutting. :oops:

Does it really, really matter if I keep peeking at it? I am very, very impatient at the moment.....and my kids keep peeking too :lol:

I know what you mean Starduster. Next batch I will be very firm with myself and only check once or twice :D

I peek constantly. I poke it, feel the mold, just generally bother the heck out of each and every batch, and they turn out fine! I think they like the attention :lol:

Time passes

I think it takes a few more batches to become blassey.
You can read on some instructions that some soap makers dont even do the incubation thing incase it gets too hot with some in gredients.
I was weary of having too many covers on my Down Under The Mulberry batch espellially with some real fruit in.I also experimented making up the lye the night before and putting it all together at room temp.I did spend a lot of time beating the oils up before mixing ,not that they actually whipped.
So all in all ,I think you and your first batch will live through it.
Ahh and the you get to slice and see the heavenly internal results.
:wink:

Becky said:
I peek constantly. I poke it, feel the mold, just generally bother the heck out of each and every batch, and they turn out fine! I think they like the attention :lol:

Good...I'm glad I'm not the only one! :lol:

Purrfect

Thank god, you have put us all out of our misery.
Now isn't that absolutely beautiful.
Congratulations.
Your soap looks purrfect Top Cat.
Now you're addicted just like us all I bet.
What is that mold.
:lol:

And now Guess What!

Thanks Starduster :D

The mould is a tray mould made from PVC which i got from Big Tree Supplies online - here is the link - http://bigtreesupplies.com.au/product_i ... cts_id=681 . I had a clean 1 litre milk carton all ready to go and chickened out on using it. I wasn't sure if it would work. Which brings me to what I did today.......made my second CP batch! And used the milk carton this time. My glass thermometer broke just before I started (I dropped it...) so I 'sucked it up' and used the inside of my wrist to judge temp and it all seems to be going okay. The new batch is gelling nicely and, yes, I am definitely addicted!!!

Tanya :lol:

And now Guess What!

Okay.....had a couple of issues with unmoulding my first batch from it PVC plastic moulds. I poured into a flat tray and with the left over batter I poured 4 oval guest sized soaps too. Couldn't unmould them to save my life!

Left the littlies in the freezer for 5 hours and then into a hot water bath for a minuite and - hey presto! - they popped out. I now have the larger tray one in the freezer and will unmould tonight :)

I made a second batch using a different recipe I thought of, poured it into a 1 litre milk carton (clean of course) and unmoulded that one just now easily - just tear, tear, tear! Sliced it and took some more pics to show :p

This one is of the guest soaps from my first batch. You can see a larger pic on the link below:-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... Oct035.jpg

This is the second batch (silky cocoa butter) sliced

The link for a larger pic -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... 3Oct03.jpg

And last, a side view of the new batch, hopefully showing a hint of the tiny purple jojoba beads I added!

The link for a larger pic -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... 3Oct06.jpg

Thanks for putting up with my excitement guys. I'm loving CP and creating my own recipe ideas with it. It really isn't any more difficult than MP, just a little different :D

Gorgeous

Very beautiful Top Cat.I still can't do that uploading thing so you are clever.Mind you this is the same dill who asked you if that Big tree link with a .com.au ws in australia.
I think a slice of icecream with peach halves and cinnamin sprinkled should do for your midnight feasts with that lot.
Where did you get the beads from.
:)

Hey Starduster!

I did a search on this forum asking about posting pics and found a post with help on how to do it.........let me find it for you........nah can't find it but I did copy the info for myself so I will add it here for you.

ok you make your post, scroll down, you will see 'browse'
then get the photo you want from there (it links to your pics on your computer)
then click 'host it'
it will take you to another window (imageshack) - browse & upload your pic on that page
then you copy the link from 'Thumbnail for forums (1)'
into this box (your post/reply box) you typed your words in with your post
then hit preview to see if it made it there, and if so just click 'submit'

HTH :)

I got the beads from Aussie Soap Supplies in West Australia
http://www.aussiesoapsupplies.com.au

however I have seen them on other aussie soap supply sites, just browse a little to find them :D

Great tips.

GOOD GREAT, now I am going to remember all that.
Actually I will copy it into notebook.Thanks heaps.havnt chosen what I will send yet.
I picked up my 3 kg post pac for the swap but I am waiting on that syncronius moment most probably. :lol:

Back