First attempt at soap making. Not very pretty, but hopefully it was successful

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i couldn't wait anymore. i did the zap test (with my tongue....i was very brave....haha), and it wasn't very zappy. i never had soap in my mouth or put my tongue on a 9V battery....but the soap had a slight tingle and tasted icky. so...i washed my hands with it, and it didn't burn, so i figured it was kind of ready!

here's the lather. i only used a small piece b/c i want it to cure for a few more weeks (as opposed to the few days it has had....). and now...i'm really hooked! already planning another batch this weekend!!

IMG-20130828-00573.jpg

Thank you!!! i'm quite pleased!!! formulated my next soap endeavour already. just need to find a mold...

Well for a first batch, you did great. You got a soap with color, looks good even if you don't think its "pretty", made it in a tissue box, the goats milk didn't go all funky on you, and you got some fine looking bubbles. Id say you're off to a great start. I don't know how much reading you have done, though im kind of assuming a lot based on what you have done as your first batch, but as far as the curing goes the norm seems to be about 4-6 weeks. Yes, as you have heard waiting is the hardest thing to do. This is one reason some people love HP soap so much, it can be used right away. ;) Good luck on future batches and keep up the great work.

Latest posts

Back