Feedback on this blender

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeepItSimpleSoap

Reaction score
I have ben doing a fare amount of reading Having to do with the CP method of soap making and also about stick blenders.
I wondered if any members use a conventional blender like the one in the link below and what speed and method etc.?
I like the fact that I could go from light trace pouring from it quickly into all the cells of my molds in about one minute. Click on link:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstay...8jE5nOMBnhLzmw_6zXzsIteHvNTYssDAaAiTiEALw_wcB
I know it would be a little harder to clean than a stick blender. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I think you will have a very hard time recognizing trace with that type of blender. Plus the batter will go very fast since the whole thing is getting an intense mixing.

I've used a cheap walley-world blender that worked great. Cost around $11 but it has a plastic bell, so is for CP only. The bell eventually started splitting but I got a fair number of batches out of it. I've since replaced it with a better unit with a stainless steel "stick".

I use a mixing bowl with a handle and a pouring lip. You can get them at the dollar store. Using a stick blender and that bowl, I can quickly and easily pour into my cavity mold once I get to the desired trace.

I used a conventional blender when I started soaping. As long as you follow strict safety procedures, they work well. They are best used for small 1 lb batches. Trace is reached very quickly with most recipes. Pour at thin trace or your soap will be too thick to get out of the blender, without using a spatula to scoop it out.
I would probably purchase a model with a stronger motor; you may soon burn up the motor in a cheap model.

Knowing what I know now, and making the soap I want to make now, I would never use this type of blender. However, it might have been fine for my first two to three batches of plain soap that I made. Once you move on to more involved designs and colours, you will need the flexibility of a handheld blender.
If you have a blender like this at home and want to dip your toe in the water, then by all means use it. but if you are going out to buy this, I think in time you will end up buying a stick blender anyway.

Latest posts

Back