Fast shipping on Lye

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
I ordered 2 containers (32 oz.) of lye (Boyers) from Walmart online on Sunday, July 11. It arrived Wednesday, July 14.
Shipping was free. :thumbs: $27 for 4 lbs = $6.75 per lb. :thumbs:

This was AFTER being unable to buy lye locally from Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Walmart and King Soopers. It is Red Crown Lye that you can find on Amazon. It is manufactured by Boyer which is a long-standing supplier of Lye but only sold in cases which is more than I can use up in any reasonable amount of time. A great company to do business with if you are at that level of production.

It is Red Crown Lye that you can find on Amazon. It is manufactured by Boyer which is a long-standing supplier of Lye but only sold in cases which is more than I can use up in any reasonable amount of time. A great company to do business with if you are at that level of production.

Define reasonable amount of time? I had two 8 lb containers that I bought last September. Stored in the garage, lids tight. I opened it the other day, made my usual recipe and it was fine.

Define reasonable amount of time?
Within a year for me.

In my current circumstances, I like buying just what I need and when I need it. So happening upon this quality product available online from Walmart in a few days was a blessing... especially since I couldn't find pure sodium hydroxide at Lowes or Ace or other places I looked. :(

Latest posts

Back