essential oil use in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timley

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am a new candle maker/soaper just learning the ropes, stumbeled across this forum while surfing the net. So wonderful all the info that exist out here on the world wide web. I have just made my 3rd batch of soap over the past month, I was trying to hold out till the first 2 batchs cured but tried a new reciep that I just couldn't wait. My question today is where to buy essential oils for a reasonable price, I am looking at diff. receips and some call for quite a bit of essential oils which I would think would jack your soap price up so high no one would purchase it, some oils are alot more expensive then others, please tell me how soapers can do this and still make a profit? thanks so much
:D

it's true that some essential oils are more expensive than others. so if you still want to use the more expensive ones, you'd put them in a blend with some less expensive ones. a good way to save money on any eo is to buy in bulk.

I like camden grey and new directions aromatics for eo's. There are lots of places to shop online.

we can do it buy buying in bulk. and by charging more. i just read a post in which someone sells their soap for $3/bar - mine sell for $6, and if I use a particularly expensive oil (or essential oil) I charge more than that.

Latest posts

Back