Embeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dianne70

Reaction score
Hi everyone....was looking around on pinterest and came across this picture

[attachment=0:x2z8hs2j]19351473368354989_azAfLskM_b.jpg[/attachment:x2z8hs2j]

My question is...do you think the purple balls are melt and pour? Or soap balls made when you rebatch soap maybe? Would love to do something like this, but am struggling with how to get the balls done!! :)

Attachments

• 19351473368354989_azAfLskM_b.jpg
    19351473368354989_azAfLskM_b.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 300
The balls are not M&P, they are made from CP,not rebatched. This photo is one of our Mods soaps - Lynnz. She has described how to do those in the past. Its CP made and set, then cut into small pieces and rolled into balls, then added as an embed.

Thanks...will get a melon baller and give it a go! Don't know if there is a bigger picture...I know it is awesome, isn't it....I have to give it a go....as well as maybe some soap curls. Thinking of doing yellow and green balls...someone asked me to make a Lemon and Lime soap for summer...think this is how I'm going to do it!! I'm excited...love trying new things....now to get the time to do it! :D

I suppose this is stating the obvious, but the recipe you use will make a difference. Some form into balls easily, and some would get too firm too fast to do it.

How are you placing and distributing the lavender balls in the white soap?
Are you just pouring a thin layer at a time in white and putting the balls in as you build up the layers :?:

Hi Goldsmith...yep, I'm assuming that's how it is done....pour in some soap, place some balls, pour in some more soap, then more balls...I guess it's trial and error really!! :)

Goldsmith said:
How are you placing and distributing the lavender balls in the white soap?
Are you just pouring a thin layer at a time in white and putting the balls in as you build up the layers :?:

It is done at a very thick trace, so they will sit where they are placed.

You also should gel the soap with the embeds. Otherwise, the embeds are more likely to fall out or separate as the soap cures.

Judy I didn't gel mine and they're still in place, I've got one bar left after 11/2 yrs and its still OK, I only ever did the one though so can't say how they'd be on a production basis, I might have been lucky. Think I'll do some more to try over Christmas and see how they go - I don't normally gel anyway, so we'll see.

dianne70 said:
I normally use a 50% olive, 25% Coconut and 25% Palm Oil recipe...would that be OK...or should I up the OO just for the balls maybe? :)[/quote

I don't know how that recipe would react, it might firm up fairly quickly. but of course depends on your liquid %. I find I just have to work with a particular recipe for a while till I get used to how it will react.

Thanks everyone for your feedback...greatly appreciated! Hopefully I will get a chance to try this before christmas...I love trying new things....but unfortunately, I may have to use my time remaking soaps that I run out of, before I try a new one....bummer!! Anyway...when I do this I will let you all know how it went :)

Latest posts

Back