Dubious jojoba oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuleika

Reaction score
Peeps, should I risk it and use this in Cp soap? Got it without reading the ingredient list.

If not Cp soap, what else can I use it for?

IMG_20240223_215726.jpg

Awww rats, hate it when that happens! Unfortunately, the mineral oil will not saponify. Since it's the first ingredient, that means it's the highest percentage of the blend.

You could make a lotion out of it, or even use it as your liquid oil for lip balms.

Looks like it's meant to be used directly as a moisturizer on skin.
Since the main ingredient is mineral oil, I don't believe that can be used in CP soap making. Maybe someone with more knowledge on mineral oil use can chime in.
If you happen to have very dry skin, I would save it for personal use and chalk the purchase up to a learning experience. We've all been there.

Yeah.. I am easily tempted by sample sized oils to use in soaping. Need to stop buying samples... Plus this was in a foreign website.

I could make lip balms using this. It's really of a thin consistency so maybe sugar scrubs?
Sure, either of those will work.

Lip balms general have a wax or a butter that is mixed with liquid oil(s) to make a firm, but spreadable balm. You could start with ⅓ melted beeswax or cocoa butter mixed with ⅔ of this oil. If it's too soft, remelt and add just a titch more wax or butter. If it's too hard, remelt and add a little more liquid oil.

Sugar scrubs are quite variable, depending on whether you want emulsified, non-emulsified, foaming v. non-foaming, etc. I do prefer emulsified to avoid the inevitable separation of non-emulsified oils once the mix sits for awhile.

Latest posts

Back