Do you offer a Cash Discount ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Square for my CC transactions and I really like them. No monthly fees, so you only get charged per your transactions and the fees are reasonable.
someone mentioned yesterday that Square charges 2.5 % for every transaction. I thought that was a lot.

someone mentioned yesterday that Square charges 2.5 % for every transaction. I thought that was a lot.
But how much is it going to cost going through a bank for CC service. I for one do not mind the fee, since I do not have to pay a monthly fee. Banks charge quite high fees that are not feasible for the small market seller and in my opinion Square offers quite a lot of services for their 2.5% fee.

I do take checks and have been very fortunate to have never received a bad one
How do you know the bad check?

But how much is it going to cost going through a bank for CC service. I for one do not mind the fee, since I do not have to pay a monthly fee. Banks charge quite high fees that are not feasible for the small market seller and in my opinion Square offers quite a lot of services for their 2.5% fee.
It's good to know, thank you for the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know the bad check?

The bank returns it to you - and charges you a fee. It is then your responsibility to try and collect the money and the returned check fee from the buyer.

Not really. I mean, if I had the choice between losing a $20 sale and a potential repeat customer or losing the 50 cent transaction fee... I'll pay the transaction fee, thank you very much. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Square is 2.75% and if you key in the numbers it is like 3.5% + $0.30
I think worth it after I did the numbers. I too will add in Tax for CC payments but not on cash.
my Sq is on it's way, got my Tax ID number and will get a Biz banking account and register the Biz with my town next week.
I will not take checks, MAYBE for an elderly lady who seem to be the only ones that use checks now a days. But mostly not... and I would probably give the soap to an elderly person :)

Latest posts

Back