Do you have Netflix streaming?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapy Gurl

Reaction score
I signed up awhile ago, before the big split idea. I swear that they haven't added anything since then and have taken movies off of it. I dropped my cable, since it was $75 a month, even though I watched it all the time. I loved the History Channel, Discovery Channel, USA, etc. I owned my box and dish so it wasnt a bad deal, no contract, no sending things back. Netflix is cheap, but they never add anything.

Does anyone have Amazon Prime? It wasn't very good back when I was looking at it, but it has improved. I hate that you have to pay upfront. And I do have the digital converter and antennae for my older TV, lol, so I can watch network TV. You can tell I am a woman, I would spend $300 on a pair of shoes (I did once) and not put it towards a new TV!

I do, we use it mostly for shows for my daughter (they have a LOT of kids shows) and then we have hulu plus as well. So for $17 a month total (for both) I can get pretty much any TV show I want and a bunch of movies as well. Works well for us and is much cheaper then the $75 we were paying for dish.

I looked at hulu plus when I signed up but they didn't have any shows I wanted. No one had CBS shows. How is it now?

Still no CBS, but no one is perfect. I haven't looked at amazon Prime in a while, I wonder if they have their shows.

I use Netflix and i think it is a tremendous value.

Some great tv shows I would never have watched (don't like commercials) I streamed on Netflix (Breaking Bad, Mad Men)

My daughter has a netflix account and apparently you can access it through several things. I have a Wii and wireless internet and can now get it on my TV at home (for free, she set it up for me---love that child, she takes care of her momma). I love it.

I've had netflix for three price changes now (down, down, UP/split).. When they switched to unlimited streaming (originally they gave you one hour per month per dollar you pay. ex: $17 for three at a time got you 17 hours of watch instantly per month) we downgraded to one dvd at a time. When they slpit the two, we cancelled the dvds alltogether. We haven't had cable in about four or five years now. Hulu was great when it first started, I do pay for them... but begrudgingly because I honestly think netflix and hulu are in cahoots to get us to spend more, it seems that one has what the other doesn't.. facebook will probably buy them both soon lol..

CBS airs most of their shows on their website tho, for free... what's missing there that you would like on netflix or hulu?

eta - oh, i just realized what i may do a little different... I didn't bother going thru the wii - flatscreen tv's are getting cheaper and cheaper, so we bought a 42" to serve as a computer screen... it makes everyone happy! lol

I will have to look at CBS. I want all the old CSI, NCIS, etc, the whole series. It frustrates me that Netflix offers it on DVD. Is there an easy way to search on Netflix? It seems that if I don't know what I want to watch I can't find anything. Like a full alphabetized list of everything? The finally added season 2 of Top Shot!

I have it. I mostly watch tv shows or documentaries. I go back and forth between that and hulu.

Back