DIY Soap Cutter and Murphy’s Law...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the 1” for my round bars. I’m probably going to make another cutter for either thicker bars or a totally customizable one. My patience wears thin if I have to cut each one individually. Especially now that I’m making larger loaves.

View attachment 36533

Really nice! Isn’t it satisfying to see all those uniformly cut bars. Your soap looks great!

I posted the finished product in a new post, but here it is for anyone following. I haven’t attached a platform in the center area yet but that’s gonna be easy to finish. From what I’ve seen, molds and cutters are not cheap no matter where you get them from. That’s why I chose to make my own..

View attachment 36527

From a fellow wood-worker...very nice work. I have one similar that I have used for several years, but I didn't use guitar strings/tuners. It uses 50 lb fishing wire and eye screws as tighteners. Crude but cheap and effective! My recent mock-up (mentioned earlier) is one of the hinged ones.

I posted the finished product in a new post, but here it is for anyone following. I haven’t attached a platform in the center area yet but that’s gonna be easy to finish. From what I’ve seen, molds and cutters are not cheap no matter where you get them from. That’s why I chose to make my own..

View attachment 36527
WOW really nice. I want to make one too! LOL as if I could.

I like the 1” for my round bars. I’m probably going to make another cutter for either thicker bars or a totally customizable one. My patience wears thin if I have to cut each one individually. Especially now that I’m making larger loaves.

View attachment 36533

Yes, totally customizable is what I need. I use different molds that have different dimensions so I'm always adjusting my individual cutter which is a pain. But to buy one is just not cost effective for me. If I ever get a chance to build one (with hubby's help, lol) that's the route I'll take.

But how would a customizable multi-cutter even work? I like the idea of customizable, but wonder if it would be unwieldy? If you do perfect one, hungryhawaiian, I would love to know more! I can even come to San Jose and pick one up from you, if you were willing to sell me one. I am a California gal myself and used to live in Santa Cruz County and still have plenty of family nearby.

Latest posts

Back