dividing into 2 crockpots for HP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapSudStacy

Reaction score
I have a very beginner question....

If I combined my oils and lye and got solution to trace could I then pour half mixture into one crockpot and other half into another crockpot so that I can make two differently scented bars?

My recipe I usually make is an 8 pound loaf, wondering if I could get this to trace then pour four pounds into one crock and four pounds into the other crock. I have one 5qt crock and one 7 qt crock, I don't think either would cook 8 pounds without boiling over.

I don't see why this wouldn't work. You could also add different superfats along with the scents after the cook.

The big disadvantage to you is that you don't know how long the cook will take for a 4 lb batch in either of the pots, so you'd need to keep a close eye. Since they are sized different the times will probably be different, but you wont know till you try.

While the soap is usable immediately after cooling in the mold and cutting with HP, it really does benefit from curing for a couple weeks or more.

Back