darling little soap molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartsong

Reaction score
if you look in your local grocer's deli/dairy section with the pudding cups-KOZY SHACK PUDDING has nice little sturdy plastic 4 oz cups that look like little bundt cakes. the best part of all is the chocolate pudding is delicious! they have 3 grams of fiber now, so along with getting healthy, you're getting free molds! LOL! :shock:

you can oven process, but don't cook the bejesus out of them! warm oven only! :D

i find "little caesars" (dog food) make nice little molds, too.

Oh great, g thanks, now I gotta go buy choc. pudding I don't need and expensive dog food! ;)

x

i forgot to post this when i was home last week. i made a rtcp whipped soap, sprayed them with PAM, poured the soap and stuck them in a warm oven (topped with waxed paper), and shut the oven off after 1/2 hr.

i just left them until morning. stuck them in the freezer for a bit, and they popped right out. i wish i was talented enough to "ice" them or something.

i

I've never heard of Kozy shack pudding. I wonder if we have it here in MN. Funny, I just happen to be heading out to the super target in a few minutes, but they have a limited selection. I'll have to check it out. My dog just happens to love little caesars food so I'll have to buy here some as her treat. She's on meds that she'll only eat with canned food so it's perfect. Hopefully I can get the dog food smell out!!

x

Milla said:
I've never heard of Kozy shack pudding. I wonder if we have it here in MN. Funny, I just happen to be heading out to the super target in a few minutes, but they have a limited selection. I'll have to check it out. My dog just happens to love little caesars food so I'll have to buy here some as her treat. She's on meds that she'll only eat with canned food so it's perfect. Hopefully I can get the dog food smell out!!

as a driver i go all over the lower 48. all the walmarts i go into to restock on groceries carries this.

the little caesars gives your soap a pretty fluted edge, and they're practically impossible to wear out! i make gift soaps for my christmas baskets with them.

there's a bounty of neat containers just waiting to be discovered in the food aisles! LOL

i thought the pudding cups would work great for the salt bars.

heartsong, I found the pudding cups! I usually buy unrefrigerated pudding so that's why I never heard of it. Just so happens Kozy Shack is sold at supertargets in MN. I bought the sugar free tapioca pudding and it's not half bad and it has 4 g of fiber!! All they carried was that or rice pudding. Oh and flan too, but in a different mold. :lol: Darling little molds. Perfect for my shampoo trials or even salt bars like you said. You should've seen me scouting the yogurt containers too! People probably thought I was crazy.

I also bought the dog food and that had new flavors too! Those are also the perfect size for my shampoo bars too. I've discovered I like squares or circles for my shampoo bars and I want them to look different than my regular soaps. Both molds would be cute with little swirls too!

Also found these cute little plastic containers that are perfect molds for my shave bars. They have perfectly vertical sides and flexible plastic. I actually didn't buy them for that but when I got home it came to me. Have to get more!

Also finally finished replacing all of my soap supplies with proper materials.

Oh what fun!

Thanks SO much for the mold tips!

x

:D great to hear you found them, milla!

i know that soaping has completely taken over my life when my husbands asks me "is this a good one?" before he throws out any small plastic food containers.

when i come home there is always a couple "little caesars" containers washed and waiting for me.

BTW, did you see the octagonal shaped ones? they've just come out with those.

Re: x

heartsong said:

you mean dog food? no, but sounds cool!

Milla said:
heartsong said:

you mean dog food? no, but sounds cool!

little caesars-walmart just started carrying them.

i'm intrigued with the square flexible containers you got-did food come in them? how big? i love square and round, too. do tell, plz! :shock:

sorry, they were actually circle molds. They were in the $1 section and they were magnet containers to stick on things. I took the magnets off. I wonder if the soap will stick?

ETA: they are about 2.5" diameter.

I can buy the pudding no problem .Does anyone have a good line to tell my hubby why I am buying dog food when we do not have a dog ? I somehow don't think he would be surprised .

Kitn

Kitn said:
I can buy the pudding no problem .Does anyone have a good line to tell my hubby why I am buying dog food when we do not have a dog ? I somehow don't think he would be surprised .

Kitn

LOL! That's what obsessions do to people!

I'm using the molds tonight. Just my round ones and the pudding mold. Gotta wait awhile for my dog to eat her stuff!

I've been wanting to try my dreamsickle FO and also had a lard recipe I've been wanting to try. I figure I'd do a hard oil recipe since I have no idea how my molds will unmold. They're in the oven right now and are holding up to the 170F heat.

x

i got to thinking about this while on my way to nashville:

i get really nervous with things in the oven (i hate cleaning it!)

i have a regular sized electric heating pad that i'm going to try next time. placed on medium or low, it could provide lower controlled heat for a longer amount of time without the chance of warping or melting the little plastic molds.

how did your soap turn out? waiting impatiently to hear results! :shock:

monet, I know what you mean about the oven with plastic. I was checking it constantly. Actually the pudding cup did better than my cheap round molds. I have one of those pyrex cake pan carry things that has the pad you put in the microwave to get it hot. I can use one of those and put the molds in my insulated carrier thing too. I will try that next time and then I don't have to worry about plastic in the oven.

As for the turnout.....horrible recipe. Don't ever mix lard soap with dreamsicle FO. GROSSSSS!!!! But, the pudding mold was very cute and with some bending a little the soap popped out. My little round molds on the other hand not so good. I managed to get one out without mangling it, but the other one is not cooperating. I'll just leave it for awhile. No point in lining those since I'd rather use my other mold for that. It was worth a shot. Just not flexible enough.

I also think I won't fill the pudding mold as high as I did, just a little bit less soap and it will be perfect for my hand.

x

:roll: sorry that your recipe didn't turn out well with the f/o! :roll:

what do you think happened? was this a different recipe than you normal soap?

btw, did you pop them in the freezer before unmolding? i will have to do a regular batch instead of whipped and see if there's any difference as to how they behave in the molds.

i poured about 1/4" from the top of the kozy shack mold.

the pyrex warmer thingy sounds perfect for your little soapies! :D

heartsong said:
:roll: sorry that your recipe didn't uirn out well with the f/o! :roll:

what do you think happened? was this a different recipe than you normal soap?

btw, did you pop them in the freezer before unmolding? i will have to do a regular batch instead of whipped and see if there's any difference as to how they behave in the molds.

i poured about 1/4" from the top of the kozy shack mold.

the pyrex warmer thingy sounds perfect for your little soapies! :D

It was a different recipe and it was for a shaving soap. I thought it was be a hard bar of soap, but it wasn't. It was gross and sticky. But that just goes to show the Kozy shack mold will work.

I didn't put the kozy shack one in the freezer and that one came out. I put the other ones in the freezer, but one of the soaps is hanging on to the bottom for dear life. I got the sides free though.

No big deal at all. I don't even want to use the soap, it smells so bad! I might rebatch. Since it's gooey it should melt pretty easily and then I can put a strong FO in there.

heartsong said:

I was at Target picking up dinner stuff (trying to make DH a nice meal) and decided to go back to the dog food section.

Target did have the octagon shaped food. they were in the fillet style of food! LOL! I picked up two of those. cute! Looks like Milla (my doggy) is getting steak fillet in the morning!

Back