Cutting Butterfly swirl CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divinegoddessoaps17

Reaction score
I have been making soaps for some time now, but recently came across the Butterfly swirl technique. I really want to try this, but I have a question. I use a 10 inch mold. How would you cut the soap to accentuate the butterfly? Cutting it normally just doesn't do it justice. Also, what size are the bars when you are done. Are they still 1 inch thick? Thanks for your time.

Not quite sure what you're asking here. The technique I know as a butterfly swirl shows best when a loaf is cut into bars vertically, just like normal. Can you post a picture or a link to a picture of the technique you mean?

my mistake then

I just wasn't sure how you cut it. Never made this soap before. So when I make it - hopefully tomorrow- I will just cut it normally.
Thanks

this is a nice swirl but the butterfly is only when you put two soaps together, I do not sell two soaps to make a butterfly. I make it but it is not that exiting when you have one soap ;) drop swirl and hanger swirl .....please upload pics when you make it. :)

Last edited:
OMG OMG I did it!!

Wow - can't believe it! I came out.

butterfly swirl.jpg

Latest posts

Back