Curing Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guygarr

Reaction score
I know that age and moisture content can improve soap , would using a food dehydrator speed it up , prevent DOS , make the scent not fade ? Has anyone tried this after cutting / unmolding ?

I remember seeing a while back that someone had placed their soap both near a dehumidifier as well as on a rad/heater - I seem to remember them saying both were disastrous (warped soap, uneven curing etc...). The best thing for soap is patience :)

Good luck!

I use a dehumidifier but I haven't noticed any advantages it has given my curing soap. Probably just wasting electricity really.

It's amazing how quickly the soap begins to dry/cure. I'm in Florida, so the a/c is on all the time. I guess the humidity is pretty low in the house. I made a basic soap recipe last weekend that seemed firm on top, but when I went to unmold it (white silicone 2 lb mold) it was very difficult to remove and pretty soft 24 hours later when I tried to cut it. I had done a tiger stripe and could not wait to cut it. I waited another day to cut the loaf (much firmer) and in the next day or two the soap was quite hard.
So patience is needed in soap making... Lisa :grin:

^What everyone else said, PLUS you would not believe the difference the difference between a 4 week old bar of soap and an 8 week old bar of soap without experiencing it yourself. Everyone can tell you it is amazingly better, but until you try it for yourself, you won't believe it. I feel sorry for the people who pay for soap that has not been cured long enough. They are doomed to be disappointed with the lather and conditioning.

Latest posts

Back