Curing rack ideas

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

math ace

Reaction score
I cover my soap with netting. It keeps the dust and kitty hairs off!
I have kitties too! Can you share the type of netting that you use? Where do you get your netting from?

Woo baby,. That is a serious soap rack!
It's really not that big! It is 3 feet tall and 18 inches wide. Each shelf is the perfect size to space out a 1 lb (oil weight) loaf of soap.

So, I designed it with the expectation that I wouldn't need to cure more than 6 batches of soap at one time.

However, I'm testing some new recipes and fragrances, so I've got more soaping going on than normal.

When I first started, I used a couple of old cookie sheets lined with freezer paper and put them on a shelf in the garage. As I started making more soap, more cookie sheets on the washer and dryer. Then came a very nice shelving unit in the garage for curing soap and extra supples.
This is what I've been doing! I had a large wire shelving system that I would put parchment paper on and cure soaps. My problem is that I don't make enough soap to justify the huge shelving system.

It looks like I'm going to need curing space for a mere 5 to 10 lbs of soap.

math ace

Reaction score
I bought two of these from Home Depot but only used the support poles from one, so I have six shelves. I lined them with cardboard. I can get 6 or 7 batches (up to 9 or 10 bars each (depending on how close you place them and their size) on each shelf. That’s at least 54 bars per shelf so about 324 bars total Is the capacity. It doesn’t take up a lot of space. I have it on top of a dresser type thingy in my very dark bedroom so it’s the perfect spot for me.

I love the post it labels infront of the rows of soap!

Dibennett

Reaction score
I bought a wire storage cart from Ikea and use old baking wire racks to stack them on the shelf lined with baking paper. Do I need to remove the baking paper? I am new and have only made 3 batches so far!

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I bought a wire storage cart from Ikea and use old baking wire racks to stack them on the shelf lined with baking paper. Do I need to remove the baking paper? I am new and have only made 3 batches so far!
You need to cover the metal with something. I use plastic needlepoint sheets from the craft store.

penelopejane

Reaction score
View attachment 48204

I had hubby make me this curing rack. I'm a hobby soap maker and usually make 1 pound batches. I thought this would be big enough for my "hobby", but I've already filled the shelves.

I've got 20 new fragrances that need to be tested, but am out of curing space .... AGAIN!
Get DH to add more shelves and stand your soaps on edge. They’ll cure more evenly and you’ll have loads more space.

Latest posts