cpop kinda/cure time

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
so, i made cp then put in warm oven to gel, do i still wait 2-4 wks cure time, cause its kinda like hp?

cpop in the mold to force gel is just that. forced gel and it still needs to cure the full time. i have done the experiment where i have done 2 batches both gelled. one in the oven at 170 for an hour and the other on the counter. cut a bar from each one at 1 week intervals all the way thru till 6 weeks. both bars looked the same at each week.

I think they should all cure no less than 2 weeks, HP, CPOP, all of them ;)

jbarad said:
I think they should all cure no less than 2 weeks, HP, CPOP, all of them ;)

do they ALL cure in 2 wks? they seem good, ive used them in shower, i knw they dont last as long? but safe right?

The longer you let it cure, the more mild the soap will become. And yes, there is a big difference between a soap that has cured for 2 weeks and a soap that has cured for 4 weeks. At least to my skin there is.
Also, I find that my soap lathers better, creamier and more long lasting lather, the longer it is cured.
I recently found a bar of soap from a batch that I had made about 5 years, ago, before I really got into it. Wow, that soap is so fabulous! I am hiding it so no one else in this house can use it. I am hoping to stumble across another couple of bars sometime around here.But seriously it is such nice soap now.

Back