CP and MP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassy

Reaction score
so I was wondering if you can mix cp with melt and pour? Like after cold pour is set up in the mold could you drizzle another color of m @ p on top or use m @ P for embeds?

here it is... the "ice cubes" are MP, everything else is CP.

DSCN3583.jpg

I've combined the two before and the effect can be quite nice as you can see from kwahlne's pics. One caution though...when I made mine I found that the two soaps shrunk at different rates. The MP ended up shrunken after a few months. The soap still looked nice but definately not a smooth finish like when it had been newly cut.

You can marble the MP as well...I did it with transparent soap colored with mica into a base of black CP...looked really nice.

You could try leaving the block whole and only cutting a bar when you need one.

I had a little trouble getting the top to stick, but once I misted it with water 10 zillion times it stuck.
Thanks to Tab, now I can just mist with alcohol and it sticks the first time!
Saltsoap.jpg

As for the rate of melt, the blue is MP over CP salt with CP swirls, the green and pink are HP transparent over CP salt with CP swirls. They all seem to be melting at the same rate for the 1st 75%. Then the salt goes faster. Could be also that they are sitting in water, nobody bothers to make sure tiny slivers are kept dry - too much 'fresh' soap in this house!

Oh nice job. Thanks everyone it has been a help. I will try this weekend and see what I can do and then post a pic.

I often wondered how this was done....question though, if I were to drop pieces of MP into CP after it has been poured, should I spray the MP pieces with alcohol as when adding it to other MP?? Or is that not necessary?

ETA: Yes, those "cocktail" soaps are quite delightful and creative! What fragrance were they??

I didn't use alcohol spray when I dropped my MP into the CP and it worked fine, however if it is sitting on top like Deda's, I probably would have had to to keep it together.

Mine was scented like Amaretto Sour! It smelled just like it! It's my favorite drink. ;-)

Back