Cookie Cutters as Molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftygirl01

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to soap making and i was wondering how I could use cookie cutters as Molds for M&P soap.

Thanks

When I do MP with cookie cutters, I pour a thin layer in the mold, let it harden for a bit, then push my cutter into that base layer, and finish pouring.
So are you talking about having a square shaped mode you pour your M&P in first?

Are you talking about the same stuff that you wrap the soap with?

A plastic wrap, like is used for covering food. Saran is a brand name. Melt and pour is sometimes wrapped in it, yes. Stacyspy has a good idea. I think a slab (squarish) shape would probably be ideal, but you could really use any mold.

So are you talking about having a square shaped mode you pour your M&P in first?

Sort of... I have a large slab mold that was made for me years ago, the dimensions are about the size of a half sheet pan. I can pour about a half inch of soap in the bottom, arrange my cutters how I want them, let the bottom thicken, then pour the rest.

Depending on size, and what you are trying to achieve, it might be easier to pour your soap in the rectangle mold, and the cut the shape with the cutter.

A steel, rimmed, baking tray might work well. As always, avoid aluminum.

Aluminum doesn't matter with M&P, not like it does with CP

Depending on size, and what you are trying to achieve, it might be easier to pour your soap in the rectangle mold, and the cut the shape with the cutter.

That's what I was going to suggest next.

Latest posts

Back