Colourants and sensitive skin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm....Crystal Light. Never thought of that! My girls have been in heaven eating Pringles lately. My hubby cut some PVC pipe for me, but I haven't used it yet. He's beginning to think my looking at containers as molds is a sickness!! :roll: My girls are starting to see things my way though......

Re: Containers

GoatSoaperLaura said:
How do you get soap out of the crystal lite tubes? I have several of those saved as that is what the hubby gets to drink once he's had his limit of caffinated coffee. Would you grease them with vaseline or mineral oil to get them to slip out nicely?
IDLaura

I use them all the time for guest bars and sample bars. They work great. To get them out I just spray them with the cheapest cooking spray (PAM) I can find. They slide right out (some times becoming a weapon LOL). I use this method for PVC pipe molds too.

FYI crystal light is redoing their molds so you may be able to find the oval ones also they make rally cute bars.

So- today I tried Crystal Lite containers. I lined them with freezer paper- the
same stuff I use to line my wooden log mold. Since the paper is wrapped
around the cardboard tube inside the box with the plastic side in, it wants
to roll that way when you put it inside of the plastic tube. I didn't do anything
to the bottom of the tube. When the soap was ready, I turned it upside down
and pushed on the bottom to break the soap away from the plastic.

The hardest part was overcoming the vacuum to get the soap started down
the tube enough to be able to pull it out. If you leave the lining paper a little
long, you can grab it and pull to help it out. Worked great! :lol:

Overthemoon said:
I need to make/ claim some random house hold object as a test mold.
Dollarama's good for cheap test molds. ^_^ I bought a couple of plastic cheese trays or hors de vours trays. They're really sturdy. Just line them up with cling wrap and you're good to go. The trays are able to hold 25-30 oz of soaps.

Back