Coke Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artephius

Reaction score
So, I made my first beer soap and it got me thinking. My mother is a caffeine addict-- she drinks a coke every morning (can't stand the taste of coffee). I think it would be really fun to make her a special soap just for her. Obviously, this is not going to be a 'natural' soap in any sense of the term, but I don't think lathering up with coke can be any worse for you than drinking it! Moderation in all things, I figure.

Making a coke soap doesn't seem like it would be any different from making a beer soap in terms of the process, but I thought I'd ask for input from the more experienced. Anyone tried this?

There are some FOs out there that are meant to smell like soda, but loving the stuff and wanting to smell like it are two different things. So what kind of a scent do you think would match well with the idea of a coke soap?

I have wondered if it would be possible to make a Pepsi soap, so I'm interested to see if anybody has any experience with this as well!

Hmm, that sure would be interesting... I guess as long as you let it go flat you'd be okay. If you make it try to set aside a little batter in a single mold and scent the rest if you choose. That way you could see what the unadulterated coca cola smelled like!

I have seen soda inspired FO's! I think NG and Bittercreek have one.

I think some sort of cherry would be cool. Cherry coke and rootbeer come to mind.

we used soda to neutralize and eat away the caustic stuff that comes out of out battery on the car connector things. you just pour it on and poof, the the knobs are clean. wouldn't soda so the same to our lye? i thought it would behave kinda like vinegar.

Like krissy said we use coke to break things down too. It's great for taking tree sap off your windshield or just the fily from the wax in the carwashes. So I'm wondering if it would make an excellent kitchen soap?

I have seen coke type soaps on etsy. they look pretty cool too!

it would be cool if there was a cherry coke scent for soap and then you swirled red through a brown soap.

It would be pretty crazy lol... Im not sure if Id want to slather that on my body though, just from my experience working in the foodservice industry.... gives me bad memories! lol

Latest posts

Back