Coffee Grounds & Salt Bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverFox

Reaction score
This is an experiment for a mechanic friend of mine. It's 60%/40% PO & CO with 3TBSP Coffee Grounds and 6.3oz (Approx 25%) Sea Salt. I also tried the 2:1 Water:Lye Ratio. He needs a bar that will withstand heat (the 100% CO soap I gave him MELTED in his shop, lol. It should've dawned on me that that was going to happen but yeah..) so I'm experimenting with the PO & salt to see if it will withstand the heat but also do a good job cleaning off the gunk :lol:

This was gelled & cut within 1 hour and 20 minutes. It sliced nicely! Only a couple tiny edge crumbles.

Thanks! He's tried one of my other coffee soaps (it was intended for bath/shower use though) and liked it but wanted a few adjustments. We'll see how this one turns out after it's cured!

It looks even more like stone/granite now! The middle has lightened back up some. It's hard as a rock too! It's very pretty actually. Too bad it's going to be used in a greasy mechanic's shop lol.

I'm gonna try this one in a day or so and see how it feels.

My husband is a mechanic and I know all about the greasy hands that can never seem clean. :( I might try to make a batch like this for the garage washtub. You'll have to let us know how they hold up. Thanks for the post!

Thanks everyone! This is a total experiment and I'm very interested and excited to see how they perform!

I think I'm going to have to invest in a crockpot for HP because I'm way too impatient for CP! :lol:

They look awesome - very manly!
It reminds me of the cupcake place downtown who now makes cupcakes for men and call them mancakes (with beer and bacon flavors)
Guys need to wash too! :wink:

I'm in love..with my soaps! Haha! I tried this one out tonight and it is quite nice :D I think I just really really like salt soaps. Can't wait for this one to fully cure.

Make some! I want to make myself another salt bar batch with 75%-80% salt like the other batch I made. I love them!

Silverfox those look great! I make a mechanics bar using pumice for grit and it works great. I wonder how that would be combined with salt? Hmmmmm

Lindy - I've been trying to find reasonable quantities of pumice but have only been able to find it in like 50lb quantities! Where do you get yours, if you don't mind me asking?

Latest posts

Back