Coconut EO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is a stretch but... Does anyone know of a way to get a coconut smell without using a "fragrance oil"? I'm only into EOs.

There is no such think as coconut essential oil, only coconut oil. Virgin coconut oil has a good coconut scent, but I think that's the closest thing you'll get to an authentic coconut smell. I don't think that's what you're looking for.

There is no naturally occurring Coconut fragrance or EO. Fig leaf smells like coconut, but it's banned from use.

I was once convinced that I could make some. After cracking and scraping a coconut, putting the meat in ethanol and letting it soak for two months, I ended up with some really nice coconut everclear. It did make the best coconut cake frosting ever.

With virgin coconut, which smells divine, the scent doesn't linger. I've made body butters and solid perfumes with the virgin coconut and they smelled orgasmic (virgin coconut, vanilla bean scrapings and sugar smell so good together)--but the coconut note evaporated and wasn't detectable on the skin.

There is no naturally occurring Coconut fragrance or EO...I was once convinced that I could make some. After cracking and scraping a coconut, putting the meat in ethanol and letting it soak for two months, I ended up with some really nice coconut everclear. It did make the best coconut cake frosting ever.

I bet it was amazing!

I love the smell of coconut. Last night soaping I was love struck by the scent of the melting oil. I think it's a hook in the addiction!

I agree with onug, i dont care for FO's when you can use something that has scent and medicinal values like EO's do. But then we do limit ourselves by that choice apparently, we cant use coconut :) i hope you find a solution though!

I love the smell of coconut. Last night soaping I was love struck by the scent of the melting oil. I think it's a hook in the addiction!

Same happened to me with the virgin co, so I made it into a lip balm that I get to smell constantly when using on my lips. I love it!

Sent from my SGH-T589R using Soap Making mobile app

Back