Christmas Decorations!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agriffin

Reaction score
Please post pics. I need to see some purdy Christmas decorations.

What do you do to decorate?

Right now we just have a tiny tree set up. I bought some stockings for us and the dogs. ;)

I've never done house lights...but I want to start. I think I'll buy LEDs after Christmas when they're super cheap to get started next year.

ChristmasTrees010.jpg

This is my latest snowman. Each year I fill the house with homemade snowmen which I've bought over the years at craft fairs and such. Not really sure why I love snowmen cuz I hate the cold! I guess they just speak to me (but, in a not hearing voices in my head kind of way!)

And what's up with Photobucket? I've resized this twice. :?

heyjude said:
...Each year I fill the house with homemade snowmen which I've bought over the years at craft fairs and such. Not really sure why I love snowmen cuz I hate the cold! I guess they just speak to me (but, in a not hearing voices in my head kind of way!)

LOL! I could have made that exact statement. Love snowmen; HATE the cold! Didn't get my snowmen out this year though....decided to tone it down a little cause it's too much work to put it all away.

I agree about too much work! I have salt glazed Santas from a potter in PA that I like to put out each year, but they are in the cold attic, and I can only carry a few down at a time , and, well they may just spend Christmas in the toy box where they are stored. lol

I grew up in Maine and live in Massachusetts so you'd think that I'd be used to the cold, but noooooo.

:lol:

I am probably going to get a very tiny pine tree or rosemary plant (house plant sized). We got a full sized, real Christmas tree last year and it was sort of a pain... haha. When/if we get that up and decorated I will add pictures!

Right this very minute my house it torn apart. Completely. It looks very similar to Miami in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew.

I've removed most of the Non-Christmas decorative things from the living room, the foyer and the family room. They're now teetering in a huge pile in the middle of the dining room.

I've been repositioning Christmas crap, silver bells, snowmen, sparkly candles. The formal living room is mostly silver and gold with some turquoise, blue and green. The family room is more random colors and homier Santas, snowmen and sleighs. I may not decorate the dining room since I've emptied every single closet, box and drawer in my whole house and cannot find my red and green poinsettia table runner.

I really do love the holidays, but I hate the preparations. And going up in the attic. And putting all this stuff away. But it's a great way to get the whole house cleaned up.

I have a Christmas Gift Show tomorrow and I should be wrapping soap and loading my car.

How are you all doing with your shopping?

heyjude said:
I agree about too much work! I have salt glazed Santas from a potter in PA that I like to put out each year, but they are in the cold attic, and I can only carry a few down at a time , and, well they may just spend Christmas in the toy box where they are stored. lol

I grew up in Maine and live in Massachusetts so you'd think that I'd be used to the cold, but noooooo.

:lol:

Same here. Lived in MA my whole life & I hate cold.

My hubby and I (in our 60's now) decided to ignore Christmas this year (what an idea! - a friend told me she had the best time last year, cuz that's what she did (for a day)). What a concept! My first thought was: "Can we do that? is it allowed?"

hehe. We will give it a try (except for one day on which we travel to our daughters and visit the grandkids, and eat turkey etc....). No gift exchanges except for the wee kids.

It feels strangely exciting and bad! Anyone kwim?

Latest posts

Back