Castile Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who on earth trolls a soap forum of all places?? I can see political forums, news forums, puppy mill forums, but soap forums?

Strange world we live in.

Well if you're so smart, smarty pants and you've made a bunch of soap before then why don't you know what castille soap is, most soapers do and why can't you figure out such a basic recipe on your own? Surely you've used one of the lye calculators in your many soap making endeavors.

(I figure since this thread is at risk of being locked then we might as well shut it down)

I'm a noob to this forum but not to forums in general, and if you are genuine then you are very lucky, this place is very kind to noobs. I have only been making soap for a few months but have done a huge amount of reading myself. I can say that there is no "recipe" for castile, because it only has one oil, therefore you just go straight to your lye calculator and work it out based on how much oil you have. No one can tell you a recipe for this because they don't have a clue how much olive oil you have.

A quick google would have told you what you needed to know anyway, that castile only has olive oil and since you are already a soapmaker you should know your way around a lye calculator. If you don't then you should not be so cocky when given advice because quite frankly you don't actually sound like you have a clue. Or are a troll, in which case ignore all above and go get a life.

I am new to this forum (and relatively new to forums in general) but I am really confused as to what is going on. What is trolling? Please don't yell at me. I just want to know the proper way to address seemingly "stupid" (for lack of a better word) questions.

Trolling is when someone visits a forum and posts something they know will cause a lot of outrage or trouble. They do the post, stand back and watch it all. Some will continue to post to keep it going. There is a saying called "don't feed the trolls", which means don't post as it keeps the thread going. Common around school holidays.

Problem is you can never be 100% sure that someone is a troll or just not smart and/or polite.

I am insanely patient with new folks, on any forum. Learning the ropes of forums or the craft/skill that brings us together, I'm excited to meet people and try to help out where I can. In this case, I wasted my time posting, trying to help this person, who at least outed himself before too much more time was spent on him. He must be very new at trolling to not have lasted but a few posts. Kinda sad really!

"Don't feed the trolls" indeed!

Okay, let me just state for the record that I am just "stupid" and not a "troll." :)

AmyW said:
Who on earth trolls a soap forum of all places?? I can see political forums, news forums, puppy mill forums, but soap forums?

Strange world we live in.
Strange, indeed.
Samicamp, you are fine.
Amy, you are indeed patient.

This is a kind forum. Nurturing, even. And patient beyond measure. But we don't take kindly to people who have nothing better to do that screw around.

Perhaps we should be kinder to such folk - clearly there is something important lacking in their lives, else why would trolling be so satisfying? It's not their fault, perhaps. But sadly, my wings are stunted so I'll just end this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back