Carrot Oil & Face Creams

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egirlxx7

Reaction score
I was planning on making a face cream and was wanting to use both the carrot carrier oil and carrot EO. Is using both of these oils considered over kill? or is it best to use one over the other. I'm looking to make a cream that would be great for keeping the skin young and believe these and a few other oils will be in my choice selection. Also for face cream, would it be better to start with a water % of 75% or greater?

When I make a cream or rather lotion, I keep kind of together my hydrosols and EO. Carrot oil is pretty good for skin, This oil has a woody-earthy, slightly spicy, strong herbaceous musky scent. Carrot Seed Essential Oil, high in carotenes, is considered one of the best oils to enhance the appearance of mature skin.:) Blends well with: Frankincense, Lavender, Rosewood, Cypress, Geranium.

75% is a good % to start with. Just make a small amount to see if you are happy with it and if not adjust it up or down in the next batch. I think I'd add both your carrot oil and EO options as well.

Back