Can someone help me out figuring out a recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hazel said:
c.a.p. said:
As Hazel said, the process can change the effects of the oils. I really would add some CO, up to 25% for the lather. It will not be drying, especially if you use OO, AKO and/or AO. The bar will take a long time to cure, though with those soft oils. Is she opposed to lard or tallow? That will add some hardness to the bar.

Good point. This soap is better with a longer cure since it is soft.

c.a.p. -

The babassu substitutes for CO. It creates bigger bubbles. I've made two batches with babassu and I've been really happy with the bubbly lather. It also helps with hardness.

teresa -

I forgot to mention that I've used babassu oil as a whipped butter. It's very nice because it melts and absorbs quickly. Of course, my skin is so dry that it generally sucks up any type of butter or moisturizer. :lol:

Thanks, Hazel for the info on Babussa. I've never used it so I forgot about it's properties. Too expensive for me, too.

Yes, it is more expensive than CO but I really like it.

Have you checked Columbus Foods for babassu? I think it's the least expensive that I've seen. However, I can see how cost would be a concern if you're selling soap. I don't sell so I'm more willing to use higher priced oils and butters in soaps and bath products.

Back