Can i tell you how i started my love of soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I figured i never did a proper introduction, and im bored so i should start a story.

My grandmom from poland used to keep bacon fat at her sink to make soap. As a kid i thought this was soooo gross lol. Just a couple soup cans full of bacon fat sitting around the kitchen all the time. She had two kitchens.

Back in, oh my gosh, 1995? I got my first computer and i looked up everything...including my grandmas bacon soap. At the time i didnt quite find bacon soap, but i found kathy millers soap. Her thing then was .... as many bars i can fit into a $4.95 priority box. I used to order tons of soap at the time, every month or so.

RECENTLY in the past 4 years, i started selling for an mlm, still do. But i really love their handmade soap. And i can sell a lot if im up to it. I used to sell it literally out of the back of my truck. Mostly i sell to repeat customers now. I actually keep their soap on hand just for my cusomers that i know will want it again.

could not (recently) for the life of me remember Kathy Millers name from the 90s. But selling this handmade mlm soap reminded me of it. Then i started making my own soap recently.

I saw her name in an ad on, umm spruce crafts(?) and clicked and there was the VERY SAME website that i used to order from back then. Including her same recipes. J/C i finally found her

I sent her an email like last month that she is an inspiration, even now this many years later. Even in a different state that i live in now (Philly to Florida). I still remember those soaps. I have never stopped using home made soap, usually clear out a craft show.

And this is the beginning of my of of homemade soap lol. Still learning of course. But these are my inspirations.

Latest posts

Back