Cake Soap Dressed to Give

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

April

Reaction score
Hello and Happy Sunday:

I have iced (is iced a verb?) this soap cake with Lemon E.O. and have dressed the icing with vanilla sugar and lavendar buds. The cake's essential oils were grapefruit, ginger, rosewood and benzoin. The base oils are OO, CO, superfatted with Castor Oil.

It is for my SIL; we recently learned that she has breast cancer. She loves pink.

I need a better camera.

Warmest regards to soapers around the world.

Thank you so much for looking.

Nice! I have not tried a soap cake yet... that's on my todo list. I love the flowers on it.

Thank you so much AGriffin. It is my first attempt.

I purchased the cake mould at a big hardware store. It takes approximately 3 lbs. of soap It is VERY easy to make.

Drawbacks: You cannot sneak a slice if you are giving it to someone as a gift. ;)

I love your soaps.

Much appreciated,

That looks stunning. Cakes are really fun aren't they?

Thank you so much Chrissy and Jody:

Yes, they are fun and suprisingly easy to make. I could not wait to unmold it.

I hope my SIL likes it and uses it. Sometimes soap ends up in the "undie" drawer. :) I like it when people use them.

The only dilema I have is whether I should cut it before I give it to her. I won't be visiting her for a few weeks and she lives about five hours away.

Once again thank you for your kind coments.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Warm regards,

What a lovely gift--with each slice she uses she will know you are "there" for her, and it looks so pretty! Best wishes to her.

Thank you so much Alwaysme. javascript:emoticon(':oops:')

I have the before picture posted also, but on a separate posting called First Dance Around the Forum (together with other pictures). I should post the before here too. The silk flowers hide a bit of uneveness (is that a word?) and punch up the colour since I have not started using colour yet. :)

Thank you again and warmest regards,

April

Marchroses:

The scent was a happy accident. It is subtle, in the way that scents in our memory are always subtle.

I thank you for visitng and also for your very kind comments.

Best regards,

April

Mom2tyler:

Your comments are appreciated and encouraging.

Now I am blushing.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

April

That is so beautiful April. Well done. Hard to believe it's your first attempt. Hugs for being such a great SIL and best wishes to your SIL. :wink:

Hello Bubbles Galore:

Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you.

I completed my second cake last week, but it is yet to be iced. It was made with molasses, another first attempt.

Have a great day.

Warmest regards,

April

Latest posts

Back