C. Failor Booklet: Making Cream Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarice

We are one...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this book?

I have read various comments regarding Failor's Liquid Soap book (difficult to understand, disorganized, etc.) - Does this book have similar issues?

Thanks much!

My first cream soap was made from her pamphlet and it turned out great. Have you been able to find source for purchasing the pamphlet? I has been out of print for a long time and the hardback book is going for hundreds.

My first cream soap was made from her pamphlet and it turned out great. Have you been able to find source for purchasing the pamphlet? I has been out of print for a long time and the hardback book is going for hundreds.

what is called a "booklet" is offered for sale on The Sage

https://www.thesage.com/catalog/products/Making-Cream-Soaps-Booklet.html

I am hoping that despite being called a booklet, it has all the contents of the original - i saw one for $1000!!!

WooHoo, too bad I didn't buy a bunch with my retirement fund 20 years ago!

HAH

I assume it is the same inside as mine, but the front cover is different on the one at The Sage. Makes me wonder if the booklet was reprinted somewhere the way. I like any of the cream soaps I made from the booklet and do not find the booklet confusing

Hi - booklet arrived last night. I have to say I am a little disappointed in the presentation. It is 100% black and white, photocopied and stapled together.

It is forty pages long, and features five recipes, and a brief chapter on "formulating your own". here is a quick summary of the contents (since my scanner died and my phone is MIA:

• Intro
  • Equipment
  • Basic Ingredients
  • Procedures (mixing / testing for neutrality / super creaming / adding H2O / FO and Dyeing /Preservatives)
  • The Recipes (One through Five)
  • Troubleshooting
  • Using Phenolphtalien
  • Formulating your own
  • Suppliers
  • The annals of EOs: Camphor
  • Bibliography
Forty concise pages.

Is this the same as her book - or a shorter version?

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back