Business phone line/LLC

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittywings

Reaction score
Ok, I have my business license, TPT license, jut sent in my LLC papers.

I know that I should keep my personal stuff separate from business stuff, but I'm unsure how to go about doing a phone line.

Does anyone know if I could establish a 1-800 # and have it forwarded to my cell phone (but then it's under my personal stuff)?

I could add another line to my house phone (under personal stuff again).

I know that I shouldn't TELL the phone co. that it's a business line because then they jack up the price... but then I couldn't have it listed anywhere under the business name, however... would I even need to?

Any advice? (I had another business question and now I can't remember)

look up google voice, you can pick a number ...Its free, and the calls are forwarded from that number to any phone or multiple phones that you choose.... it is the shiiiiz nit and exactly what your lookin for!!

This is AWESOME! Unfortunately, you have to wait to be invited to use the service. I submitted my request for the invitation. I hope it doesn't take long to be able to participate.

Free sounds like a great deal...

But if that doesn't do what you need it to I was going to suggest VOIP. I have a Vonage account for my office line (non-soap related). It is $30/mo with unlimited calling and all kinds of included features... one of which forwards to my cell phone if I don't pick it up. The device plugs into my router and a regular phone plugs into that.

I got my in-vite, I got my innn-vite! Yea! What a cool thing! I never knew that Google Voice was out there. Very psyched.

lol its awesome isnt it!?!?! :)

I have been using it for about a month or so now... more so now that I have my biz cards being made...

I have one number on there with the same area code of where i am moving from, then my real number for where I am moving to... this way I figure people will not know whether im a local or not so theyll be more inclined to buy services from someone with a familiar phone number :)

at least thats my theory...these island folk are very old school small town minded...

KW, do you have to have a business phone or is it just "best" ?

I bet this is like the other google things, soon it will be open to everyone.

I don't think you really have to have a separate phone for business, but it's easier to separate your personal and business expenses that way, which you SHOULD do. It also looks more professional. You'll know when to answer, "Good Morning, this is ______", instead of the usual "Hello?" on your personal phone!

With the Google Voice, I tried to get a number that spelled out my business names, but no luck. I settled for a very easy number.

me too :) One that I liked I think for biz its good because you can write off your phone bills on your taxes as long as you save receipts... Thats the "Ethical" way to do it lol... as opposed to just using your home/biz phone and claiming it as a biz line...

I just got my Google Voice invite and now I'm trying to pick a # and no AZ area codes in AZ work, no toll-free #'s either... SHEESH!

I can get one for somewhere in Oklahoma.... :(

Actually... there are a ton for LA, but I think that might be confusing to some people.

So do I understand correctly that this is a call forwarding thing?
Someone dials your Google # and it forwards to whatever phone you tell it to?

Is there a way to know which number your caller dialed so you know how to answer?

Latest posts

Back